We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting http://giia.net/ you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Personal information collected through this site is controlled by Global Infrastructure Investor Association (of 10-18 Union Street, London, SE1 1SZ), which is the “data controller” of the personal information for the purposes of data protection law.
1. Personal information we collect from you
With regard to each of your visits to our site, we will automatically collect various pieces of technical information about both the system you are using to access the site and your use of the site itself, including your browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platform and internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet.
If you are a registered user of our site, we will also collect your name, email address, residential address, phone number and financial and banking information and any other personal information that you may post to the site using its interactive functions.
2. Uses Made of the personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- where you are a registered user, to:
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- send to you surveys, newsletters and other information that may be of interest.
Any processing by GIIA of your personal information in connection with the purposes listed above is legally justified. This is with the exception of using your personal information to send you newsletters and other communications, which we may only do with your consent. Where you have given such consent, this may be withdrawn at any time by contacting GIIA using the email address set out in section 5.
4. Deletion of personal information
Any personal information we have collected from you:
- where you are a not a registered user of the site, will be deleted within 6 months following the date on which we collected such personal information from you;
- where you are a registered user of the site, will be retained for the duration of your registration and deleted 6 months following the date on which your registration expires or otherwise ends.
5. Access to personal information
Data protection law gives you the right to access and correct and, in some cases, object to, any of your personal information we hold. Your rights can be exercised in accordance with applicable data protection law.
6. Disclosure of your information
You may share personal information we collect from you with service providers contracted to provide services to GIIA who are bound by obligations of confidentiality and security, including, but not limited to, analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.