GIIA is pleased to launch the results of the latest Infrastructure Pulse Survey for both the Americas and European markets, produced in partnership with Alvarez & Marsal.
The Q4 2021 Pulse Survey provides a track on market sentiment among infrastructure investors and insights on emerging trends and barriers to investment. Key findings include:
- More funds are looking to deploy larger amounts of capital and realise one or more assets than at any time on the last 12 months, reinforcing the amount of deal activity in the market.
- An increasingly positive outlook for European markets
- Rising optimism around the US, Canada and other Americas
- Negative sentiment around regulated utilities with unattractive regulatory regimes being seen as the highest barrier for investment in Europe
- Europe seen as more negative than Americas across all of the ‘key barriers’ to investment
- Communications Infrastructure remains the hottest sector