The total value of GIIA members’ combined infrastructure assets under management has increased by $340 billion according to the latest GIIA Global Asset Database report, produced in partnership with EY.
The 2022 report captures the positive social and economic impacts that GIIA member investments deliver across 6 continents and 70 countries.
Highlights of the report’s findings include:
- $1.28 trillion AUM
- 2,000+ assets across 70 countries
- Energy and water services to 118 million customers across a 1 million km gas pipeline and 2.1 million km electricity transmission grid
- Global connectivity through a 4 million km fibre grid and cellular signal via 610,000 towers and masts
- Pivotal global trade infrastructure through 310 ports which carried 910 million tonnes of freight – 1/10 of global trade
- 152GW of renewable energy, avoiding 220 million tonnes of CO2 emission
- Educating students through 1,540 facilities
- Critical care to the most vulnerable via 1,470 hospitals
Click here to read the full report.