GIIA Net Zero Conference
GIIA's Net Zero Conference, held on September 29th, brought together a range of expert voices including investors, policy makers and leading thinkers in the sector to look at the challenges and opportunities facing infrastructure investors.
We were delighted to welcome more than 150 guests, both in person and joining virtually, for this event. A recording of the event will be available for members who were unable to attend, so please do check our website and social media accounts for this in coming days.
Special thanks to our Major Sponsor and Host, Ashurst and to Event Partners Arup and KPMG.
And to all of our panelists and special guests
Panel 1: Moderated by KPMG, the discussion will look ahead to COP26 and the major issues facing the infrastructure investor community.
· Simon Virley, Vice Chair & Head of Energy and Natural Resources, KPMG
· Bridget Beals, Partner & Co-Head of Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy, KPMG
· Valeria Rosati, Senior Partner, Vantage Infrastructure
· Nick Mabey, Chief Executive, E3G
Panel 2: Moderated by Ashurst, this expert panel will explore the nature and scale of investment needed to achieve Net Zero, the obstacles to be overcome, and the role and opportunities for private investors.
· Michael Burns, Partner & Global Co-Head of Energy, Ashurst
· Naomi Horton, Partner, Ashurst
· Ed Clarke, Co-Founder & Managing Director, Infracapital
· Mark Caines, Partner, Flint Global
Fireside Chat with Emma Howard Boyd, CBE, Chair, UK Environment Agency & Interim Chair, Green Finance Institute hosted by Gaby Jones, Partner, Ashurst.
Panel 3: Moderated by Arup, this session will take a deeper dive into the future of Hydrogen and discuss the findings of a new report produced by Arup and GIIA.
· Filippo Gaddo, Director, Energy Investor Advisory Team, Arup
· Nick Ash, Associate Director, Arup
· Jaroslava Korpanec, Managing Director, Allianz Capital Partners
· Chris Train, UK Green Gas Champion, Gas Goes Green