GIIA reported significant progress on its global infrastructure agenda in March as its Members gathered in Berlin for the Association’s AGM.
The AGM was the culmination of a big week for GIIA which included a high profile presence at the infrastructure sector’s major conference; the launch of a first of a kind report on the impacts of private investment in infrastructure; and a packed evening reception for Members and Guests.
In his report to the GIIA Board, CEO Andy Rose highlighted progress made in his first 12 months including:
- Growing membership of GIIA from both investors and professional services companies
- Producing our first major evidence-based report, in conjunction with PWC, entitled Global Infrastructure Investment: The role of private capital in the delivery of essential assets and services
- Creating a database, with the support of EY, of GIIA member assets and the impact of these investments around the world
- Establishing a global tax working group
- Forming regional networks in North America, Europe and Australasia
- Engagement with the UK, US and Canadian Governments
- Participation in OECD/ World Economic Forum Events
- High profile articles in the UK, Canada and Brussels
- Over 20 speaking engagements