Global Infrastructure Investor Association (GIIA) is the voice of private investors in infrastructure. Based in London we have more than 50 investor members, who manage more than $780bn of infrastructure assets covering utilities, renewable energy, transport, digital and social infrastructure.
GIIA is seeking applications from interested candidates to join their small, but hard working, team as a Communications & Events Executive to increase awareness of our work both externally and within our membership and manage our programme of global events on a range of topics.
Reporting to the Head of Communications the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Writing and editing marketing material, website and social media content, press releases, event invitations, member newsletters and internal briefing notes
- Managing the office’s global events calendar for both online and in-person (when permitted) events. This will include managing guest lists and invitations, overseeing event logistics and post-event follow up.
- Using the office’s communications grid to ensure scheduled communications to members are distributed on time
- Delivering communications to keep members aware of upcoming events and opportunities for engagement
- Media monitoring and social media tracking
- Supporting colleagues with any reasonable requests for support
- Previous communications and/or experience in a professional environment
- Exceptional written skills
- Highly organised with superior attention to detail
- Good knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Willing to learn and open to receiving constructive feedback
- Sociable and collaborative
- An appreciation of the role private investment plays in delivering major infrastructure
- Previous experience with design programs (Photoshop / InDesign etc)
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management systems
In addition to a competitive salary, employees receive pro-rata 25 days annual leave and can participate in a defined contribution pension scheme.
GIIA are following all Government guidance in relation to Covid-19, as such this role is currently home-based, with plans for a managed return to the office (near London Bridge) when possible, although our expectation is that we will maintain a flexible approach to home working
Closing Date: 11 November 2020
Interview and starting date will be confirmed individually with relevant applicants.
In addition to your CV, please send a cover letter (1 page max) outlining your suitability for the role, to Tim Horan at firstname.lastname@example.org
GIIA welcomes applications from people from all backgrounds, with all different kinds of life experiences.
Please note interviews may take place prior to the closing date. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we will only be able to reply to those shortlisted for an interview.